Q1: What is Edmunds Online Payments?
A: Edmunds Online Payments is a web-based payment portal used to facilitate one-time and automatic credit card and ACH payments. It is not a full account management portal, but simply a payment portal.
Q2: I forgot my password. What do I do?
- Visit http://payments.edmunds.com
- Click the Password Help? link.
- Enter the email address used during enrollment. You must click Continue - do not hit enter. If you hit Enter, please close the browser and restart from step 1.
- Enter the answer to the challenge question that was entered during enrollment.
- Click Submit, and you will be emailed a temporary password which you will be required to change upon log in.
Q3: I successfully made a one-time payment, but the amount due doesn't reflect this payment. Why?
A: The amount due will always represent the amount due on the last bill, regardless of payments made. Click View Payment History on the left menu to see payments you have made through Edmunds Online Payments.
Q4: I received my paper bill and mailed in a check to Edmunds, but my Edmunds Online Payments account still shows an amount due. Why?
A: Edmunds Online Payments only reflects the amount due at the time your last bill was generated. Payments made outside of the Edmunds Online Payments portal will not be represented in the Edmunds Online Payments portal until your next bill is generated.
Q5: Can I set up automatic payments?
- Once logged in, click on Manage Profile on the left menu.
- Click on Manage Billing Information.
- Select the customer number for which you'd like to set up automatic payments.
- Enter your credit card or ACH information and confirm.
- The next bill we send out will automatically be paid on the day it is sent; typically, within the first 10 days of the month being billed.
Q6: If I set up automatic payments, will the current amount due on my account be automatically paid?
A: No. Only future bills will be paid automatically with automatic payments. You should initiate a one-time payment to pay down your current balance before your next bill.
Q7: If I set up automatic payments, on what day of the month will I be debited?
A: On the day we send your new bill. This is typically within the first 10 days of the month being billed.
Q8: I pay for more than one Edmunds customer number, can I manage them all with a single Edmunds Online Payments login account?
- Begin by enrolling your first Edmunds customer number with Edmunds Online Payments.
- After enrollment, click on Manage Profile on the left menu.
- Click on Manage Billing Information.
- From here, you can enroll additional customer numbers on your Edmunds Online Payments account.
Q9: Can I set up an automatic withdraw from my checking or savings account?
A: Yes, you can add an ACH account to initiate a one-time or automatic payment.
Q10: Can I pick which day of the month my automatic payment will be debited?
A: Unfortunately no. You will be debited the day your invoice is mailed (typically within the first 10 days of the month being billed), although you can make manual one-time payments at any time throughout the month.
Q11: What credit cards are accepted?
A: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express
Q12: What if my credit card is declined?
A: You will receive an email if an automatic payment is declined.
- You should then verify that you entered the following information correctly:
- card number
- expiration date
- address associated with the card
- card CVV number
- If you think everything is correct, please contact your card issuer.
Q13: What if I miss a payment one month?
A: The next bill we send you will include any past outstanding balances in addition to any current charges. You will only ever have one bill to pay in Edmunds Online Payments which reflects the entire outstanding amount due on the account to date.
Q14: Should I ever give my credit card number to an Edmunds employee?
A: No, an Edmunds employee will never ask you for your credit card number. All credit card transactions will be handled directly by you through Edmunds Online Payments.
Q15: I no longer have access to the email account used to log in, what do I do?
A: Please click here to contact us.