Yes, it's a Progressive Web App. It's an installable, app-like experience that's built from and delivered directly via the web
Instructions for installing it on your home screen:
If the dealer user does not see the in-browser prompts, they can launch the application download process by expanding the in-browser menu and selecting "Add to Home Screen". This will manually kick off the application download process and also prompt for push notifications permission.
- Expand the browser menu
- Select the "Add to Home Screen" option
- When prompted, click "Add"
- This will launch the standard installation process, including the request for push notifications
- Once the download is complete, the dealer user will be notified within the mobile browser and an app icon will be available on their home screen
For iOS devices, the download prompt will not display. Instructions for adding to the home screen:
- While in CarCode on mobile, click on the Share icon (it's the rectangle with the arrow pointing up)
- Click on Add To Home Screen
- Click the Add button
- This will install on their home screen.